Botanical A Bio-Retinol Night Serum
- Gentle yet powerful, this nighttime serum is the perfect option for those seeking resurfacing and exfoliating benefits but want to avoid the potentially harsh side effects of synthetic retinol.
- Derived from the leaf of the cockspur plant, bio-retinol is a superb retinol alternative, offering similar clarifying, smoothing and youth-boosting benefits while helping to support the skin microbiome.
- Formulated with three different acids, it offers comprehensive exfoliating to deliver a silky-soft and smooth complexion.
- Suitable for even sensitive skin types, it assists in clearing away pore-clogging congestion and buildup, enabling the skin to better absorb additional serums and moisturizers.
- Synthetic fragrance-free, cruelty-free, vegan, and dermatologist tested
- ECOCERT/COSMOS® certified natural and organic
Why You Will Love It
The result of two years of extensive research and development, Botanical A Bio-Retinol Night Serum is One Love Organics’ innovative answer for an effective retinol alternative night serum. It features a bio-retinol derived from the Maclura Cochinchinensis leaf (also known as the cockspur plant), which is naturally rich in isoflavones and bioflavoinoids. Aside from helping to promote an even, youthful-looking complexion, this retinol alternative is unique in its ability to help support the skin microbiome for skin that looks and feels healthy.
A thoughtful blend of lactic acid, phytic acid, and plant-derived salicylic acid helps to resurface the skin, offering powerful yet gentle exfoliating benefits and encouraging skin rejuvenation. Over the course of the R&D process, we determined the optimal concentration of acids to be just under 4%, ensuring efficacy for even the most sensitive of skin types. Paired with Brazilian purple clay—a magnesium-rich ingredient to draw out impurities and dead skin cells—this nighttime serum effectively delivers a clear-looking, glowing complexion while improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also lays the foundation for skin that is cleared of congestion, thus encouraging the absorption of additional serums or moisturizers.
Who Is It For?
Suitable for all skin tones and types, particularly those seeking a retinol alternative to clarify the complexion and fill in the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Use up to four times per week.
water/eau/aqua, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, propanediol, glycerin**, phytic acid, lactic acid, gaultheria procumbens (wintergreen) leaf extract, maclura cochininchinensis (cockspur) leaf prenyflavonoids, kaolin, xylitylglucoside, anhydroxylitol, xylitol, sclerotium gum, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, salicylic acid, benzyl alcohol, sorbic acid
*Ingredients from Organic Farming // Ingrédients issus de l’agriculture biologique 42% of total; 71% organic ingredients, excluding water and salt
**made using organic ingredients
Ingredient Declaration & COSMOS info
99% natural origin of total
42% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
COSMOS ORGANIC certified by Ecocert Greenlife according to COSMOS Standard available at http://cosmos.ecocert.com
How To Use
Gently massage 2-4 drops onto clean, dry face, neck and décolleté. Start by applying on alternating nights. When skin has adapted, application frequency can slowly be increased to no more than once per day.
Allow to absorb into skin for a minute, then apply serums and moisturizers, if desired. Using more than once per day may result in skin sensitivity.